THAI LARB SALAD
I think that the dish normally requires rice powder but I think that is the only ingredient i omit and i tell you, this recipe hits it out of the ball park.
If i told you it literally took 10 minutes to make after prep, you would laugh, but its my easy go to run away winner.
The recipe is from Spice House (i think)
1 stem lemon grass,
1 tablespoon of kaffir lime leave (or about 5 leaves)
1 fresh red chilli
60grams (1/4 cup) lime juice
40grams (1/6 cup) fish sauce
pinch of stevia or xylitol
200 grams of mint leaves
200 grams of corriander leaves
100 grams of bean sprouts
60grams of red onion sliced
40grams (1/4 cup) peanuts to garnish
Slice onions by hand!
Place lime juice and fish sauce over hte onion. set aside
With TMX running on speed 9 drop in the chilli. Remove chilli
With the TMX running on speed 9 put the mint and corrinader in and chop (do not puree you still want the leaves to be leafy) Remove and put in the bowl with the onions and lime/fish.
Add the mince to the TMX with the lemon grass/kaffir and a splash of peanut oil. Speed 5/6 for about 8 minutes at 100 degrees. Mince may need longer depending on if its at room temp or fridge.
once the mince is just cooked stir through the rest of the mixture.
Plate up and garnish.
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
If i could tell you the amount of ways i love bean cake, we could be here for years. Chocolate bean cake, carrot cake bean cake, lemon bean cake, raspberry bean cake... its just amazing.
But i figured i would share my basic beancake in cupcake form.
1 can white beans, rinsed really well (I used Butter Beans but you can use cannellini beans or white kidney beans)
5 large eggs plus 1 yolk
85 grams / 6 tablespoons butter
3/4 teaspoon pure stevia extract
2/3 cup xylitol or 1/3 of honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of lemon extract
rind of 1 lemon and the juice
40 grams /6 packed tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
** If you cant find baking soda, just use an extra 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder**
Preheat oven to 175 degrees C
Rinse beans in TMX strainer sieve really well and shake off the water.
Place beans, eggs, vanilla, lemon, lemon rind/juice and salt in TMZ speed 7 for 10 seconds.
Remove lid scrape down and repeat (about 4 times)
Transfer to a bowl and rinse TMX
Place butterfly in TMX with butter and sweetener (xylitol and stevia or honey and stevia) Speed 4 for 20 seconds. Remove butterfly
Add bean mixture back to bowl - TMX Speed 6/10 seconds
Add in coconut flour along with the rest of the dry ingredients (salt, baking powder and baking soda) to TMX - Speed 5 for 20 seconds
Put into greased cupcake moulds or a cake or loaf pay or whatever.
Dont fill to the top because they rise a little. Remove any whipped air bubbles by banging the tray. Bake for about 25 - 35 minutes - they should be brown on the edges.
DO NOT EAT THEM RIGHT AWAY! You should let them sit (in the fridge on on the bench or in a cupboard) for 24 hours otherwise they end up tasting a bit like beans!
Thursday, October 20, 2011
I love mexican - We're a household of pastes/condiments/sauces and stuff in the fridge.
so it's always full but theres nothing to eat without cooking!
Anyway, my gf makes this for me in the TMX - i am not sure what goes into it, as i am usually on guacamole duty while she has prepared it.
It is my favourite thing ever to eat!
I got sick of eating pumpkin soup and brocolli soup and really i am not a massive fan of vegies. but sometimes you just want soup!
2 -3 TSP of Fennel seeds
1 large onion quartered
3 garlic cloves
2 fennel bulbs quartered
75g almond meal
700ml vegetable stock
Place fennel seeds on TMX - roast on 100 for 10 minutes at speed 1
Add onion, garlic and fennel - pulse to speed 4 for 3 secondss
add a tablespoon of oil.
10 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1
Add almond meal and stock
15 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1
Let it cool for a couple of minutes
PULSE to blend.
I am slowly becoming obsessed with garnishes
The one here is as follows;
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup italian parsely
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
a tablespoon of lemon juice
Put in TMX and blitz
Drizzle over soup.
I also drizzle over some balsamic vinegar
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Ingredients (serves 4 - 8)
- 1 tray of sausages ( i use Chevups as they are low carb)
- 150g cream cheese
- 150g of feta
- 70g of cream
- 4 eggs
- 10 oregano/sage/basil leaves
- 3 teaspoons of onion relish (or you could use garlic or 1/2 an onion)
- a handful of spinach
- 6 baby tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- splash of oil
- 1. Place sausages into a baking dish - i use a lasagne dish and you can press chevups down or you can cut other sausages in half and spread out. Place in oven at 160degrees for about 5 minutes
- 2. Place cream cheese, fetta, cream eggs and salt and pepper into TMX - speed 5 for 90 seconds
- 3. place onion relish, spinach and tomatos (halved) into TMX. place on reverse for 10 seconds at soft spoon.
- 4. Take sausage baking dish out and place herbs of choice over sausage. then place spinach and pour cheese mixture over sausage
- 5. Bake for 40 minutes
- 150g of sugarfree chocolate (you can use white chocolate or milk but dark sugarfree is almost zero carbs)
- 100g of cream
- 50g of nuts (macadamia nuts are my favourite but you can use anything)
- 1. Break chocolate into cubes and place in TMX with nuts and pulse for 5 seconds on speed 4 or 5
- 2. Add cream and set TMX to 8 minutes at 80 degrees at soft spoon. should all be melted but very thick
- 3. you can leave in TMX and place in fridge or transfer to a bowl and place in fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- 4. When chilled use teaspoons to roll into balls - this will get the truffles slightly warm in your hands and then you place into cocoa and then onto a tray in the fridge
I guess you could make this without the strawberries - again this was adapted from the EDC
Ingredients (serves 4 - 8)
- 2 Egg Yolks (save the whites for sorbet)
- 1 punnet of strawberries (250g)
- 250g of cream
- 250g of milk (i use half cream/half water instead)
- 15g splenda (or 150g sugar)
- 1 Vanilla Bean (or 1 teaspoon of essence)
- pinch salt
- 1. Place everything aside from the strawberries in the TMX - 5 minutes at 80 degrees at speed 4
- 2. place mixture into stainless steel bowl with half the strawberries. place in freezer for 3 - 4 hours til firm but not frozen.
- 3. Take from freezer and cut into medium sized pieces and place into TMX - mix for 20 seconds on speed 9, then 10 seconds on speed 4 - use spatula.
- 4. Cut remaining strawberries into quarters and mix through icecream - return to freezer.